This position is responsible for providing diversified accounting support to the Comptroller and the Accounts Receivable and Payroll Supervisor. The position will work to ensure accuracy of all invoicing and monies received. The candidate must be well
organized and exercise the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Calculate and create invoices to related parties and to unrelated parties.
- Create deposit batches for all receipts in both the accounts receivable ledger and in the bank for all entities.
- Send Second Notices on unpaid invoices as appropriate
- Interacts with IUPAT staff, Pension staff and outside vendors.
- Prepare monthly account receivables reconciliations as requested.
- Assists with audit by preparing requested accounts receivable audit schedules.
- Monitor inventory system activity, including receivables for purchases from inventory.
- Maintain both accounts receivable paper and electronic filing systems, by ensuring that everything that can be scanned is done so timely and that paper files are complete and organized.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service and written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and coordination skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Display discretion and maintain confidentiality of information both internally and externally.
- Function with high level of attention to detail.
- Display diplomacy and sound judgement
- Knowledge of Dynamics (SL) Accounting Software.
- Deliver basic problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Ability to resolve problems independently.
- Punctuality and good attendance required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Foster teamwork and display a positive attitude.
- Respectful of others in the workplace.
- Exhibit productive mannerisms.
- Computer literacy required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Web Browser, and Google Mail.
- Union experience preferred but not required
- Pursuing an Accounting degree having successfully completed Intermediate Accounting
Approximately 80% of the day is spent using the computer. Working environment is the typical office atmosphere. Thirty-five (35) hours constitutes the regular work week. The working hours will be seven (7) with one hour lunch break per day. Flex time
window applicable (7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.). However, flex window hours are subject to change to assigned start time(s) based on departmental needs.
Lifting or light boxes may be required in the course of organizing, scanning, and copying work in the office.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.\n\nIf you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at EAGST@iupat.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.\n\nFor more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster
and Pay Transparency Statement